Saturday, January 10, 2009

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!!

Well, we're in a New Year and I am not sure if that is good or bad. Every year (at least for the last 2 or 3 years) I say " This year I am going to lose 5 pounds and I am going to work out so I look good in shorts" but now this year I have to lose 10 pounds cuz I never lost the first 5 pounds and now I have gained 5 more!!! Let me be honest, you are my friends right? I went to the doctor a week ago. Do you know how much their scale said I weigh? 148 pounds. That is fatter than I have ever been (besides being pregnant those 5 wonderful times). My scale says I weigh 140 pounds ( I way like my scale better). I do have a treadmill that is AWESOME, it even has preset weight loss and cardio programs on it, I can't do ANY of them because they are all for like 30 or 45 minutes at like 4.5 speed, with like 3 or 4 incline and that would kill me. I have been getting on and walking/jogging 1 mile, it burns 160 calories but the last 2 days I have been eating Oreo Cookies so I think I am defeating the purpose. Maybe I should do it twice a day and I would even out the damage? What do you think? I have been going easy on the soda. Paul always tells me to drink diet soda but I hate the taste, I'd rather just give it up so I am trying slowly. Well when summer comes along and I'm still fatter than I'd like to be then I'll be wishing I had walked on that treadmill and renewed my membership at Fusion.


I love sweets so it doesn't help that Christine loves to bake. Whenever she comes home she makes all kinds of good sweet stuff like tonight her and Rainey made Rice Krispy Treats, who can resist Rice Krispy Treats? Not me, No way I gotta have some.

1 comment:

Angelica said...

I would DIE to weigh 148 again! I weighed 143ish when I got pregnant with Aliyah. I carried 30 lbs on me from her! After 3 years I finally started weight watchers and lost 20 lbs and then ended up pregnant with Kinsley. I am back down to my starting weight (or really close to it) with Kinsley but I'd still like to loose another 15. So maybe we should make it a contest to see who can loose it faster =)

Oh, and I hear ya about the sweets...bring 'em on!!

About Me

My photo
I am 43, married to a wonderful man, mother of 6 children ages 23 years old to 6 years old and a grandmother of 4. On a daily basis I MUST have coffee in the morning. I'm learning to enjoy some "ME" time. But LOVE my family with all my heart.